Monday, January 31, 2011

30 years, plus food, plus wine

This weekend was filled with good food and family. Those are my favorite weekends.
Half of my extended family lives in Las Vegas, and it's pretty rare that they can all come out and visit.
The gathering was for my aunt & uncle's 30th anniversary!
Kelley & Kelly (how cute is that?!) were married January 31, 1981. That's a long time, and quite a commitment.

Whenever we get together, we eat. And we eat well!
The fare consisted of smoked tri tip and chicken, mashed potatoes, pasta salad, potato salad, garlic bread, and more.
We also like to get down on a variety of appetizers. I brought these chips that I found at the grocery store, and couldn't pass them up.

I got them because I thought the name and packaging were hilarious. Plus they were the same price as the chips I usually buy. As a bonus, the company is involved in giving jobs to youngsters on the streets of LA so they don't end up in gangs. I'll support that.

My sister Bari had this wine that was perfect for me. She isn't much of a wine drinker so she gave the bottle to me.
The label is the perfect rendering of my sisters and I.

I guess now is a good time to confess that I suffer from chronic middle child syndrome. It's been a struggle, but I have learned to deal with the constant need for attention, and the nagging urge to be different.
The wine helps.

Aaannnd lastly, here is a picture of Bari with one of my favorite little squirts, Lyla. She is dressed like a ragamuffin because, well because these are the clothes she chose.

That was my Saturday.
On Sunday I lounged around and did a little bit of homework. I also made a few little things.
I'll show you tomorrow. My Blackberry camera is doing its job, but I'd like to take better photos with a real camera. I'm going to check one out from the school library today.
Hope your weekend was filled with food & fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment