Monday, January 24, 2011

Things are getting real around here

On Friday I went to the Board of Equalization to get my sellers permit! So now I am licensed to sell my wares online and at shows and fairs. I had a booth at the Ventura arts & crafts walk last June, on a trial basis (you don't need a permit your first time around), and it did not turn out the way I would have liked. It is held as part of the flea market, and let's just say my products did not fit in with the other items being sold. I ended up just breaking even... I made about as much as the booth cost.
My family and I had a lot of fun getting all of my things together and setting up the booth, but we ended up doing a lot of standing around looking pretty. See?


My sisters Jessica, Bari, and me.

After that I was kind of scared of doing another craft show. I finally think its time to try again. I have been looking into setting up a booth at the Santa Clarita Street Fair at College of the Canyons. It is held the 4th weekend of every month, which would give me time to build up some inventory.
I went this weekend to check out some of the other vendors, and it looks like my stuff would be a good fit. I also took some notes on how the booths were set up and the displays others were using. I talked to a lady who was there for the first time. She made crochet hats and headbands and really cute stuff. Everyone was really friendly.

I think I'm gonna go for it!
So now I start working like a crazy person and turning my sewing room into an assembly line-style sweat shop.

And in addition, I start school today. Just a little something extra on my plate.

I forgot to mention another cool thing about getting my sellers permit is now I can buy my supplies at wholesale prices! Awesome!

Hope you had a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment