Friday, June 10, 2011

Gifts for the Bride

A friend of mine is getting married next weekend in Cabo San Lucas!
I'm not attending the wedding, but her bridal party asked if I would put together a few gifts for the bride, Michele.
I bought a plain boyfriend tee at Tar-jay and some fabric paint & went to work. I just printed the words out on paper and since the fabric was sheer enough, was able to trace the letters.



 For the hat, I couldn't trace the letters and I don't have the patience to make a stencil, so I just free-handed the letters.
 I also added the wedding date and a little heart on the back.
 The bag is my favorite part! I made a reversible tote in cream-colored cotton.
On one side it says "bride to-be"...

 ...and when you turn it inside-out it says "just married"!
All of the gifts turned out better than I had imagined. I will definitely use these Tulip fabric paints again!
I know the happy couple is going to have a blast in Cabo!
Have a wonderful weekend, and please follow my blog!
I have a giveaway planned when I reach 50 followers, so tell your friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I use the tulip paint a lot when I do stenciled shirts and onesies. I've been happy with it too :)

    ReplyDelete