Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Luggage

Remember this duffle bag pattern that I bought awhile back?
I've made a little progress at a time, and she's finally done!!!

Just in time for spring break.
Actually my spring break isn't until next week, but we are going to Pismo Beach this weekend, and it's roomy enough for all my travel stuff. I also have a trip to Texas planned pretty soon and I can't wait to show off my duffle on the airplane!




So, I'm really happy with how the bag turned out. But I'm not gonna lie... it was really complicated. The pattern had great instructions, but it seemd like every step was a long and tedious process. I'd like to make these for my sisters (birthdays are coming up!), but it is going to take a lot of motivation. They are lucky I love them.

I've been doing a lot of yellow projects lately. I swear I make stuff in other colors too.

Have a nice weekend. I'll post Pismo pictures when I get home :)


8 comments:

  1. Uhh why do you only have 7 followers when you need 7 million? This is fab!! I am your newest follower, so now you only need one less than 7 million...I didn't want to take to the time to write out the actual number, haha! PS I laughed when I saw your pic..in a good way! So glad you linked this up, its so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO awesome! I WANT ONE NOW! lol

    GREAT JOB!!

    I'm a new follower, I hope you'll follow me back!

    http://www.craigslistqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love it! Very talented. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please feel free to use the whisky photo, but it is not mine. It is from weheartit. I just now noticed that it is not properly sourced in my own post. I wil fix that right now. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So impressive! I'm currently teaching myself to sew, and would be WAY too scared to attempt a bag like that! So many details! I've made a few baby blankets and a pair of booties.

    Recently bought a few actual patterns, but haven't had the gusto to open them yet...

    Maybe I should?

    Hopping over from Eisy Morgan...

    www.thatredheadedstepchild.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That duffle bag is seriously amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUSNESS!!! I would never attempt something so complicated, but yours seriously looks amazing. Way to persevere through a difficult pattern, and have fun breaking it in with your upcoming trips! Visiting from Eisy Morgan today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People prefer to buy these hardside bags for their light weight and outstanding design. The durability, expansion capabilities and favorable functionality are other important factors that have made these bags so popular. best American tourtister hard sided carry on bag online in India

    ReplyDelete