Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where I Create

Ok people, this is my craft room.
I know I am one lucky lady to have my very own room where I can craft and sew to my heart's content. I've been saying since we moved in that I want to paint the walls (or maybe one accent wall?). I also need some more storage and window treatments.
This is what I'm working with right now.

Here is what you see when you walk in...

Looking to the South:


East:

I know my desk looks like a heaping pile of yuck. But seriously, this is very organized. For me.



North:

West:

The West wall is the most in need of TLC. I'm thinking about stringing up some twine and clothespins and making an inspiration line. I've seen that somwhere but i can't remember where.
I'd also like to paint all the wood white, just so that it looks more uniform, and any color that I add will stand out.
Let's just say that these are the "before" pictures, even though I don't have any immediate plans for the "after." I'm just doing a little bit at a time, and we'll get there when we get there.

Any suggestions for wall color? Window treatments? Storage? What to do with that black futon cover?


6 comments:

  1. Oooh how fun!! I think an accent wall with color would be pretty. And some fun inspirational decorations or maybe a push pin board for ideas and such. You should link this up to my projects in progress linky party and maybe get some more ideas! There is a lot of inspiration out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a craft room (and my husband does too!) I think what you did to the dresser is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for linking up! Love it! Hopefully you will get some good feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spotted: target rug. Bunch of girls at my school had that same rug freshman year haha. It's so cute!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space to work with! And doing a little bit at a time is definitely what works best for me. Gives me plenty of time to think about what I really want and see the room take on it's own personality as I go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amy, Im visited via Natalia! Im loving the yellow and the bolster pillow. I just did my bedroom in that theme gray/white/yellow/ and think you should use that as your inspiration.

    So jealous that you have your own craft room, lucky girl you!

    I think you have some great start off pieces. I would paint the walls a cool gray like in the pillow and then paint the futon sofa white accent a few more pillows maybe.
    In the desk area I would just go vertical, either floating shelves or the vertical brackets and then adjustable shelves (cheap from lowe's or home depot) easy to install and you can change up anytime.
    You can then use decorative boxes in yellow and fabulous fabrics to bring color in as well as hidden storage.

    I love the idea of the inspiration clothesline. I also think a cool cork board for your inspirations would be cool under it and then put your dresser under that.

    Okay Im rabbling but you get the idea and I hope you like the ideas...cant wait to see what you come up with...Im now a follower so I'll be watching out to see what you come up with.

    MJ
    Lucky7Design
    Mama J and Her Fashionistas

    ReplyDelete