Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I would love to hit the thrift stores in my area more often. We have some awesome ones here that I just don't get to visit often enough. But I went today!
... and I scored big time.
Look what I got for less than $14
Two picture frames (8x10's) $1.99 each
...they are a little beat up. I'm thinking about painting them, but I actually kind of like the real look of distressed wood. Thank you thrift store pickers.


I also got this ADORABLE tunic, which I believe is originally from Old Navy. Only $2.99! I can't wait until the weekend, it's supposed to be 80 degrees on Saturday so I can wear it!

This is a cute little bag. It's pretty slouchy, but if I stuff it full of my junk, it looks like a bowling bag. My real intention is to take it apart and maybe salvage the straps and snaps, but I might use it a few times before that. It was $1.99

This clutch is for those times when I feel like gettin' glammed up, which I don't do very often. But for 99 cents, I just might have to find an occasion for sparkles in the near future.

Ok, now for this next one, I'm gonna have to ask that you fight the rage and refrain from choking me. YOU WILL ENVY THIS.
This was the best score of the day, the week, and possibly the pride of all my thrifting scores.
Ready?

Shazam!
This messenger bag caught my eye, and I almost walked away. I don't know what I was thinking. I did a double-take and then I went back and snooped around inside.

There are so many pockets, and it is big enough to hold all of my school stuff. It is just barely too small for my laptop. But I might just have to get a new laptop to go with my fantastic thrifted leather satchel that cost me $2.99

Ignore the mess. Focus on the awesomeness.

So here is my entire treasure trove of thrift store finds. Not a bad Thursday afternoon.

Grand total: $13.94

2 comments:

  1. Wow totally lovin that satchel let me know if you get fed up with it! Thanks for visiting my blog x

    ReplyDelete