Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hit Me Baby One More Time + A Spoiler

This weekend I went to Vegas. I go there A LOT. When I say a lot, I mean that I went there three times in February. I have a lot of family there, plus it seems to be the place where all the fun is. I went to see George Strait and Reba in concert earlier this month (actually I guess it was last month. Hello, March), and this past weekend I went to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday. She stayed at the Hard Rock hotel, which I have always loved. There is so much cool memorobilia to look at. Here is a picture of me next to Britney's actual Baby One More Time outfit.

I also saw Madonna's cone boob outfit, Michael Jackson's actual glove (it was too sparkly to be captured in a photo), and Kurt Cobain's moonman statue from MTV. That's just in the lobby. If the drinking and gambling hadn't pulled me in, who knows what treasures I could have found.

I dropped off my Feb. swap gift at the post office this morning. March always sneaks up on me every year. Sorry, Marisa, it will be there in a couple days. Now stop reading because the next part of this post includes photos of the gift you will be receiving. Unless of course you want to ruin the suprise, then I guess you can look.
Here are the aprons I made for myself and Marisa:
(SPOILER!!!)




I LOVED making these. I used a tutorial from Amy Karol's book Bend the Rules Sewing. I've made these as gifts before, but I never kept one for myself.
I bought the fabric from Target. It was meant to be a tablecloth, but a 60x80 piece of fabric with pre-hemmed edges is really not going to last long in my house without being cut up. Plus it was on clearance for $4. I still have plenty left, so I might make another apron or some tote bags.
Last night I got an early start on my March swap gift, so hopefully it will get there before April.
To see more info about the Great Create 2011 Craft Swap, check out My House is Vanilla.

1 comment:

  1. love that material! i instantly recognized it from target and $4!!! what?! our target is not so generous!

    ReplyDelete